[Freeciv-Dev] focus lost irrevocably on game startup (PR#506)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] focus lost irrevocably on game startup (PR#506)
From: skorpion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 00:50:51 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Vincent Ugenti
Version: 1.11.0
Client: Gtk+
OS: Linux
Submission from: (NULL) (167.206.61.205)

I have observed that, if the game is started as one is scrolling the chat
window with the mouse, the game stops responding to mouse events.

The country selection window opens but does not respond to mouse clicks.
Also the main window stops responding (although I would wager that is
supposed to happen). The only way to fix this is to hit ctrl-c in the shell
or use xkill and start a new game.

I would imagine in practice this is quite a rare occurence, however it has
happened to me. Possibly it has happened to other people as well but they
could not reconstruct what had happened quite so easily. At any rate, you
will most likely need 2 computers to verify this bug since you can't start
the server and be scrolling the mouse at the same time on one computer.

I was using the GTK client, have not tested the Xaw client for this bug.