[Freeciv-Dev] patch: LOG_ERROR (PR#498)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] patch: LOG_ERROR (PR#498)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 05:14:10 -0700 (PDT)

This patch adds a new log level LOG_ERROR, between LOG_FATAL and
LOG_NORMAL, for non-fatal error messages.  This is intended to
include non-fatal cases of following:
- Internal code (logic) errors;
- Protocol errors (client/server sent something wrong);
- Data errors (inconsistent ruleset data etc);
- System errors (I/O error, file not found, etc).

I also have a patch which changes various freelog() calls to
use LOG_ERROR where appropriate, but I think I'll wait until
after multi_conn2 is in CVS to post it, to avoid conflicts.

-- David