[Freeciv-Dev] modify players_iterate macro? (PR#494)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] modify players_iterate macro? (PR#494)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:52:24 -0700 (PDT)

Its about time that we had the players_iterate macro (added recently).
Good, but...

I quite like the feature of the *_list_iterate macros that they
declare the loop variable for you, localised to the loop (with the
name specified by the caller).  It seems to me this is almost always
what one wants.  Any reason not to do this for players_iterate?
(patch attached).

(I guess this reasoning could apply to some of the other non-list
iterate macros too, but personally I can see myself using
players_iterate especially, so I have a selfish interest in that ;-)

-- David