[Freeciv-Dev] Russian localization & other questions

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Russian localization & other questions
From: Dmitriy Genzel <udgenzel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:27:43 -0400 (EDT)

I have updated russian localization (ru.po) to a reasonable state (it had
been at least a year out of date). It is still missing some help and server
stuff.
I've uploaded it into incoming directory, since I am not quite sure how to
commit it to CVS.

Related to this, I found several issues with the way freeciv handles
locales. First, sorting is clearly done according to ascii charset, not
according to locale. (Disclaimer: I haven't looked at the code, I am
judging by effects). There are at least two places where this is apparent:
in Help topics and in Science advisor - choosing a technology.

Second, I have not found a way to change a font of the messages window.
The font (whatever it is) apparently does not have a cyrillic equivalent
and so I see garbage in the messages window.

Dmitriy