[Freeciv-Dev] About the Nazi nation

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] About the Nazi nation
From: Juan Cortes <cortes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 14:24:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hello:

  I was reading this "bizantine" discussion about the nazi nation. Well we
created the nazi nation because we thought that it wasn't right put the
germans with this flag. About the name, could be changed to Axis or Third
Reich. But if you don't like you  can take it out from the game.
  About the fascism, if the people doesn't like the icon please make
suggestion for a new simbol. I don't know something like a fist or some
star-like simbol, a rune o a sword. But, I believe that it is not a
problem mantain this goverment because a lot of countries (Europeans,
Southamerican and some Asians ) had been under a fascist government. I
don't like the communism but I don't have any moral problem in used if I
want a more militarized society in the game.
  About the units, I don't think that exist some problem with the name
Panzer. In fact the cross in the unit I believe that is the official
symbol for the german army or the Luftwaffe. About SS. troops I understand
that was a parallel army to the german army called SS Waffen with people
from all Europe, and different to the concentration camp units. But if the
name result improper with can put a name as Elite Corps or Elite Units.
And the SS symbol in the shield could be replaced by a sword.

    Bye

          Juan