[Freeciv-Dev] Seg fault/core dump with client (PR#489)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Seg fault/core dump with client (PR#489)
From: smcmahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 00:22:12 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Scott McMahan
Version: 1.11.4
Client: Xaw
OS: Unix
Submission from: (NULL) (144.92.81.69)

I'm trying to run the latest version on a SGI indigo2.  The configure
script works fine and the compile produces some executables (though with
some strange warnings).  When I start up the client, I very briefly get
the initial image window, and then it seg faults and dumps core.  During
the compile, two odd warnings are produced:

ld32: WARNING 84 : gui-xaw/libguiclient.a is not used for resolving any symbol.
ld32: WARNING 84 : ../common/libcivcommon.a is not used for resolving any
symbol.

Anyone have any ideas what's going wrong?