[Freeciv-Dev] automated ferryboats

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] automated ferryboats
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 21:56:36 +0200

Here is an updated patch.
It is still not quite ready, but good enough that people migth find it
usefull in games (now that I know it can be done it feels incredibly
tedious to do it by hand). If people try it I would be like to hear of any
crashes, stalled ferryboats, or very stupid things it causes.

In the unlikely case that anyone should take a look at the source, note
the many, many FIXME's about things that could be done smarter. Things
should work acceptably, however.
If no fatal flaws are found, I would like it to go into CVS disspite of
the FIXME's. Hopefully people other than me can then hack away on it (I
must admit I am a little tired of coding on it). The structure of it is
quite nice IMHO, it doesn't feel like spagetti code :)
On the a bit longer term autosettlers and autoexplorers should use them
too. And the AI, of course.

Where was it I added a file (ferryboat.c) which had translated strings?
Is there a way to awoid a "+" capstring even if I add a new activity?

To try it out:
download
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/pq.diff
ftp://ftp.freeciv.org/freeciv/incoming/ferryboat3.diff.gz

patch -p1 pq.diff
patch -p1 ferryboat3.diff
autoconf && automake && ./configure && make

Put some sea units with transporter capacity on auto (SHIFT-F), and
intercontinent GOTOs should work.

-Thue