[Freeciv-Dev] Clients get stuck with big scenario map (PR#457)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Clients get stuck with big scenario map (PR#457)
From: Christian Knoke <ChrisK@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:11:00 -0700 (PDT)

In a netgame with earth-160x90-v2 we encountered this
problem: several (remote) clients got stuck, obviously no data
was received from server. It was possible to disconnect and reconnect,
after reconnect it works for a few seconds, the map was partially
built on screen, chat messages could be received, then everything
stopped.
Several clients tried very often to reconnect and got stuck again and
again.
When got stuck, *sending* of chat messages was possible, not
*receiving*.
This happens to some clients earlier, others (mine) later. At last we
gave
up.
Client: Linux x86 GTK 1.11.0
Server: AFAIK Linux 1.11.0