[Freeciv-Dev] A little problem (PR#452)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] A little problem (PR#452)
From: Hannes001@xxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 15:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello!

First, please excuse my terrible english. It's kind a self learned and this
letter
is my first piece of writing in english.

I tried FreeCiv for Windows. It seems to be a incredible piece of fine work.

There is only a little problem and I cant find out, why. Here it is->>
Starting is nice, but when played for a while, game (civclient) just
terminates.
Server runs with no problems. Restarting goes mostly just fine.
I cant connect this problem to any false action I make. It even happens
automatically, when no key is touched.

First error message sounds beautifully:
Title: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Error: Runtime Error!
Program: C:\......\civclient.exe
abnormal program termination

Then civclient closes and sometimes causes some other minor problems
like total freezing.

Text-mode part of civclient seems to claim about memory:
GLib-Error **: Could not reallocate 4832 bytes
aborting...

What could cause that?
How can it be fixed?

And how can I, if possible, set the HOME directory for saving settings? Or
might that be the whole problem?

With regards
Hannes