[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Air unit goto improved

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Air unit goto improved
From: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 21:14:30 +0200

[snip]
> > 3) works for units with fuel > 2 as well.
>
> Well, it did before too.

I'm not sure it did... (You leave at a certain turn and look what you
can reach in a couple of steps. Hence it may happen that from turn
three, you arrive at the goal in three turns (= turn 6), whereas from
turn four you arrive at the goal in one turn (= turn 5). That's one
turn faster, but later discovered in your version, if I understand it
correctly. I check whether you can arrive in a certain turn from a few
previous turns, so I find the solution for turn five first.)

> I think the "naive" part of the name was historical; my first
> implementation was kind of dumb :)

I guessed as much :-)
So nobody changed it when he/she made it smarter...  Well, since I
changed the semantics, I thought it a wonderful time to change the
name.

[snip]

> > PS: patch gives a couple of offsets, but works on the current CVS.

(current is 1.11.2, I got the post from Jeff about the release after I
had patched against it)

> I made some cosmetic changes, but other than that it should be good as it
> is. I need to test it some more however, if nothing else then to validate
> my own changes.

OK.

|  Don't split your mentality without thinking twice       |
|                          Proud like a God -- Guano Apes  |
+--- M38c ------------------ http://huizen.dds.nl/~kero ---+