[Freeciv-Dev] Air unit goto improved

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Air unit goto improved
From: Kero van Gelder <kero@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:15:44 +0200

Hi!

Air unit GoTo now:
1) takes moves_left into account,
2) will switch to ACTIVITY_GOTO even if first refuel position is
   current position,
3) works for units with fuel > 2 as well.

For this, I rewrote find_air_first_destination() mostly (point 1&3),
changed find_the_shortest_path() to return TRUE when the destination
is the current position (point 2) and changed
naive_air_can_move_between() into air_can_move_between(), which
returns the #moves left instead of a boolean value; it wasn't a naive
function either (point 1).

There is still plenty of room for improvement, mainly:
 - when air units run out of fuel after the goto,
 - using fog of war (might want to implement GoTo in the client,
   not the server).

As a side-note: when an air-unit is on GoTo according to (point 2),
it is impossible to see how much moves it has left. As a solution,
I'd like to see more information printed when units are selected,
listed or shown otherwise. I made a first step towards this goal a
while ago and sent the patch to freeciv-dev: