[Freeciv-Dev] Re: History

To: sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: History
From: Mathias Hasselmann <Mathias.Hasselmann@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 02:53:44 +0200

SamBC wrote:

> History is opinions. It is never true or false, right or wrong. Live with it

Well for this reason we probably should no bundle a complete
encyclopedia with FreeCiv. But short notices like

  "leader's name (rough lifetime) - dictator known for...."

would be quite good.

And also a short notice for countries, like

  "country (located where) - *very* important periods, famous for..."

would be interesting.

You are right, history *in detail* is very objective. But at least
each country, each leader shoud have associated some nondeniable
worth knowing facts... Well selection of them will be subjective
again. But this selection can be discussed...

> PS - personally, I do not approve of flaming people for beliefs, historical,
> political or religious. So leave it out.

Caution: Don't mess up tolerance and indifference...
Otherwise: If you just meant selection of words - arrived.

Ciao,
Mathias
--
PGP: 1024-Bit DSA: ID 55E572F3, 1024-Bit RSA: ID EAAF7CF1
WWW: http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~hasselma/