[Freeciv-Dev] Re: System Crash when manually editing worked tiles (PR#44

To: Tobias Bengtsson <tobias.bengtsson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, mmanns@xxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: System Crash when manually editing worked tiles (PR#445)
From: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:16:15 +0200

Den ons, 12 jul 2000 skrev Tobias Bengtsson:
> On tis, jul 11, 2000 at 11:12:03 -0700, mmanns@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > The crash locks up the whole system (not even Alt Crtl Del)
> > It seems to be due to enormous memory consumption (>256MB)
>
> I think its the X-server.. have you tried ctrl-alt-backspace?
>
> --
> http://tobbe.nu/.sig
> http://tobbe.nu/pgp

I think it is the kernel; it is known to crash when all memory in the
system is used.

btw, this sounds like a GNOME problem, not a freeciv problem. Let me
guess: you are using the newest helix GNOME!? The one where I in one
case had the theme print out "FIXME: free memory" when running from a
terminal. :)

-Thue