[Freeciv-Dev] Re: historical background on nations/leaders

To: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: historical background on nations/leaders
From: Arkadiusz Danilecki <szopen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 18:45:41 +0200 (MET DST)

Gee, Tomasz, where were you learning history?
in my school, my history teacher, said:

On Tue, 11 Jul 2000, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
[cut]
> - ``Polish'' outpost in about 500 BC (Biskupin)
,,We don't know nothing about who found Biskupin. this could be as well
Slavic as german or Celtic people''

> - Pomorze to be natively Polish land
,,In these eopch there were no kind of something like today's nations.
Pomorze was slavic however and had big sentiment for Poland (eg. Boguslav
IX or Kazimierz Slupski shining examples) and Poles in XV century think
about East Pomorze (including Pomorze Slupskie) as a part of polish
kongdom''

 > - Early Piasts to be driven by need to ``unite'' the nation

Hue, hue.
> - Legnica Battle to save Europe from Mongol's danger

eeee???? Was your history teacher completely ignorant?

> - All anti-magnat, pro-king propaganda

Our was anti-magnat and pro-king, whenever it should be anti-magnat and
anti-king, because beacuse of them Poland collapsed and ruch egzekucyjny
can't achieve its goals

> - All 3rd May Constitution propaganda (one of biggest fake)
this is changing (read recent articles in gazeta wyborcza or in net search
for Giedroyc' book)

> - November Uprise to fall because of its leaders

Because it is true. With good leaders we have much more chances. If from
the very beginning we would fight with goal of winning and good leaders,
then either a) uprise will last at least one or two more years, which
should be enough to make some international conference about it
b)
> - November Uprise to save Belgian Uprise from Russian intervention

Because it was because Poles thought they would be used in Belgium. It
doesn't matter if they really would be used, or if uprising do anything to
save belgians, but ,,insurgenci'' believe that russian will use them to
crash other nation uprising and to polish army (not maybe for average
,,szeregowiec'' but for ,,chorazy'') it was something ... terrible

 > - Time between wars to be time of
prosperity >       (in reality : GNP 1938 was less than GNP 1913)

I didn't learn something like that

> - Polish mathematicians to ``break'' Enigma.

because they break. but germans during war several times improve Enigma,
so british few times had to break it again.

> And of course there was no UPA, AL was of similar size to AK,

eee? Who teach you?

> Battle of England was won mostly because of Polish pilots,
eee? Who teach you Tomasz?

> Not to mention Lower Silesia (me lives here) as natively Polish teritory.

???

I propose rest of discussion would be private, because it is not of
interest of freeciv list, ok?
A.D.Danilecki "szopen"
--
Linux registered user nr 160460