[Freeciv-Dev] Cannot attack: no contact. (PR#429)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Cannot attack: no contact. (PR#429)
From: gs234@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 19:52:22 -0700 (PDT)

Full_Name: Gaute Strokkenes
Version: CVS Jun 30
Client: Xaw
OS: Current Debian frozen
Submission from: (NULL) (213.142.81.231)

I got the message "Cannot attack alfonso: you have no contact with the
Portugese" or some such when trying to move my howitzer into a city.  Sure
enough, the players dialog lists the Portugese as no contact.

Although I haven't looked at the source, I'll wager that the reason this
happened is that Alfonso & Co. had just been created as rebels after I captured
the Roman capital, and that Freeciv forgot to check if I might be "in touch"
with the Portugese right after they were created.

I have a savegame which exhibits the problem (~ 50k, bz2) if that helps.