[Freeciv-Dev] Requirement generalization (Was: techtree support (PR#405)

To: Thue <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Requirement generalization (Was: techtree support (PR#405))
From: Marko Lindqvist <caz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:32:50 +0300 (EET DST)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Thue wrote:

> > > hand-written files) to handle the messy details.  Techtree should
> > > now also handle having more than two reqs, though of course
> > > freeciv doesn't use that.
> >
> >  Mine almost does :)
>
> You were the one making the SMAC fork, rigth?

 Nope, I just started to generalize requirements. In fact I have been
working with units requirements, but when finished it should be quite easy
to use same system with tech and building requirements.

 Finally it should look something like:

requirements =
   { "type",      "value"
     "Tech",      "Alphabet"
     "Tech",      "Gun Powder"
     "Goverment", "Fundamentalism"
   }

 By default all requirements are needed ("and"), but I'll implement "or"
and "not" also. Should be quite much more general tahn current
implementation.

 Who (if anybody) is currently working for building generalization? I'd
need to ask some things about future implementations in order to avoid
conflicts between our works.

 Caz