[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: Wishlist: Stockpile gold (PR#401)]

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Fwd: Re: Wishlist: Stockpile gold (PR#401)]
From: Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 18:44:36 -0500

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 06:51:31PM -0400, Luke Reeves wrote:

> It costs me 40 shields to build a barracks, and I get 40 gold by selling
> it. This means that no technology is required to (effectively) have
> Capitalization; all that is required is patience. (In a game with a short
> turn time limit it can be a problem.) Capitalization is effectively
> allowed from the beginning.
>
> I used to do this with city walls in payciv all the time.

If that is the case, then the micromanagement should be removed and Capi.
should be available from game start [a la "Trade Goods" from MoM.]

This might also really help in The War On Smallpox -- I've always found I
had a lot of problems in -maintaining- my well-built towns. If I could just
get the gold...

--
Asher Densmore-Lynn <jesdynf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>