[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Code complexity and monolithicness

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Code complexity and monolithicness
From: Andy Black <ablack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 19:39:30 -0600

At 11:23 PM -0400 6/18/2000, =?BIG5?B?vbKr7bXY?= wrote:
>>- using real preprocessor (cpp ? m4 ? special perl script ?) to read ruleset
>>  and make server option `preprocessor', that is passed to preprocesor's
>Unfortunately, not everyone has/understands cpp/m4/perl.
>
>>- using modern image format instead of xpm
>Fine with me as long as I do not need to install libjpeg or
>something to play freeciv.

If you wanted to write in suport, all I think you'd need to do would be
modify gfx_fileextensions() and load_gfxfile() in graphics.c
add a line like
    "pict", /* from the mac code*/
to gfx_fileextensions
and rewrite load_gfxfile()
to something like the folowing
if (/*filename ends with .pict*/)
{
  if(/*have pict suport*/)
 {
    /*pict loading code*/
  }else {
    /*change fil name to end with fallback (.xpm?) format*/
    load_gfxfile(filename)
 }
}else{
  /*existing code*/
}
>>- what are these reasons and do they still exist ?
>>  /* no  we don't use GNU's getopt or even the "standard" getopt */
>>  /* yes we do have reasons ;)                                   */
>Does getopt() work in all platforms?

As far as I know, the mac doesn't include getopt() in it's headers, and the
version of codewarior i'm dealing with doesn't either.

Parts of the codewarior files include posix stuff, but things aren't
totally compatable.

As a side note, has anyone tryed to get things working on os x?