[Freeciv-Dev] Re: minimap city colors?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: minimap city colors?
From: Jed Davis <jldavis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:07:21 -0400

--On Monday, 19 June 2000 8:49 -0400 Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

At 2000/06/19 07:50 , David Pfitzner wrote:
A city and unit visibility fix of June 7 changed the way cities
are colored in the minimap, such that the minimap color no longer
indicates the city occupied status, but instead cities are always
a different color to units.

Was that deliberate?  If not, a simple patch such as the following
would restore the old behaviour, though with fog of war I'm not
actually sure the old behaviour is best, since most enemy cities
look unoccupied simply due to fog (see previous discussion...)

Yes, this was deliberate.  I thought knowing about a city was more
important than knowing about a unit.

I think something like your patch would be fine, if we used some different
colors (in fact, I don't like the current colors for even the current set
of information).

Agreed. The the color for [unoccupied,fogged,whatever] enemy cities (cyan?) didn't show up well against the green background, so I sometimes found myself losing track of the cities.

One possibility would be to use a different color for a fogged city than for either occuspied or unoccuspied cities, and maybe even a fourth for units... Of course, with two sets of colors (allied and enemy) and two colors for land/sea, this could get a little complicated.

Just my $.0004

--Jed