[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Spammers; and Freeciv Jitterbug system

To: cjmorland@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Spammers; and Freeciv Jitterbug system
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 17:14:33 +1000 (EST)

Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It would be much easier to deal with these bastards if the headers on the
> emails were retained; would it be possible to arrange that?

I believe the problematic cases are the ones forwarded via Freeciv's
Jitterbug bug tracking system.  Unfortunately Jitterbug's forwarding
is rather simplistic: it basically creates a new mail message, using
the old body and a _limited_ number of headers based on the old headers.

(I guess this is a simple way to try avoid the problem of Jitterbug
doing something bad based on strange headers in the input.)

One workaround is to find the original message in Jitterbug
(http://www.freeciv.org/cgi-bin/bugs, look under "trash" for spam),
and select the message and then select "Full Headers"...

Peronally I would favour Freeciv moving to a bug tracking system
which is more actively maintained than Jitterbug...

-- David