[Freeciv-Dev] Re: fix bug in smooth move draw and lots more

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fix bug in smooth move draw and lots more
From: Falk Hueffner <falk.hueffner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Jun 2000 17:49:31 +0200

Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Well, to fix the bug, it helps to see it -- and to see this bug when
> running the clients, I had to throttle the smooth move drawing.
> This being a request from awhile ago, I decided to implement it for
> real (rather than just for test purposes).  To put the throttling
> under user control, I needed to implement client options that were
> integers (rather than just booleans).

This is certainly an improvement, but I wonder if it wouldn't be nicer
to be able to specify the time for a move, not the "steps". The reason
is that on slow computers a single step might need more than 0.01
seconds, and it would be slower. Usually, I want the animation to be
as smooth as possible (but no more than 25fps), and to take a certain
time in total.

        Falk