[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI

To: Freeciv Dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Railroads and AI
From: Piotr Sulecki <Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:48:37 +0200

Ave!

Artur Biesiadowski wrote:

> > Why does the Railroad work like a Startrek teleporter?
> Because it was done so in Civ1/Civ2.

Yes, Artur, it was so in Civ1 (don't know about Civ2, never played it).
But, in Civ1 goto treated railroad as road (the movement cost was 1/3
movement point per square). I consider it a bug in Civ1, but it was so.

Another thing, which I think was a bug in Civ1 too: all the cities were
upgraded with railroads as soon as you got the advance, but the movement
from the city used 1/3 of a movement point unless the railroad was there
before the city was built.

PeterS.