[Freeciv-Dev] Re: client memory leak

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: client memory leak
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 21:25:14 +0200

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:

> Playing with the MemProf program that came with my newly installed helix
> GNOME I found 2 memory leaks. (see patch)
>
> Whats funny is that the program also reports that the allocation at
> gui-gtk/graphics.c:290  :
>       im=gdk_imlib_load_image((char*)filename)
> doesn't get freed, even though we shortly after call
>       gdk_imlib_destroy_image (im);
> (as far as I can see, I can't find any manual for MemProf)
>
> -Thue

There were a few more. This patch includes the previous patch.

Very nice program, It almost makes it too easy. If only it didn't leak so
badly itself that it filled my 256MB swap :P. And it can be a little
irritating when there is too many leaks in the linked-in libs :) (I found
one in gtk as well as the one in gdk mentioned earlier)

-Thue