[Freeciv-Dev] GTK client crash

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] GTK client crash
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 22:34:47 +0200

To reproduce:
-start a server and connect a client
-start the server.
-While the client has the select nation dialog up type a remove command in
the server. (the client goes back into connect state)
-start a new server and connect the client
-start the server game; the client crashes (just as it should enter the
nation selection dialog)

just before it exits with code 01 it prints lots of

Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktypeutils.c: line 309 (gtk_type_parent_class):
assertion `node != NULL' failed.

Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkObject'

and at last one

Gdk-ERROR **: BadDrawable (invalid Pixmap or Window parameter)

Program exited with code 01.

It is only a problem for the gtk client. The problem didn't exist in 1.10
I tried with and without my patch to remove some functionality from the
remove command, but it made no difference.
I haven't tried looking further into the problem as I have no idea what
is wrong.

-Thue