[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv: first impressions

To: Big Gaute <gs234@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv: first impressions
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 13:26:33 +0100

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 12:00:12PM +0100, Big Gaute wrote:

> Hello!  I've been playing Freeciv (recent CVS) for a while now, and I
> have some comments:
>
> * The taxes dialog ought to show you how much your income and research
>   is going to be when you click 'ok', as in Civ2.  This would
>   alleviate a lot of clicking around in menus.

FWIW, if you alter taxes by clicking on the little icons, and keep
(e.g.) the city report open while you do it, things do alter in
real-time; this is the approach I use (I've never used the taxes
dialog).

> * It happened a couple of times that my democracy collapsed because of
>   cities in civil unrest.

That's a feature, isn't it?

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable