[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Manual

To: <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Manual
From: "Erik Sigra" <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 20:02:15 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Reinier Post" <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <sigra@xxxxxxx>; <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 02, 2000 5:21 PM

> On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 04:29:27PM +0200, Erik Sigra wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Found this text:
> > "The Great Wall Wonder does not force other nations to offer cease-fire
or
> > peace, nor does it aid against Barbarians (which do not exist in
Freeciv).
> > There is no concept of peace between nations."
>
> There isn't in 1.8.1-2, which is what the manual claims to document.

Actually, the page I looked at (www.freeciv.org/manual/game-21.html) doesn't
claim to document any particular version of Freeciv. I have looked it up now
and have seen that the front page of the manual claims to document 1.8.1-2
but what if a user gets the page www.freeciv.org and searches for
"Differences From Civilization II" from there? He will get the page
www.freeciv.org/manual/game-21.html as the first hit, click it and read the
page as if it was the manual of the current release. Nothing tells him that
it documents 1.8.1-2. And he will get confused. Not even the URL gives any
hint that the manual is not for the current release.

(The page also sais that "the Civilization II concept of double-irrigation
does not exist", wich I believe is outdated too.)