Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ for Palm Pilot ?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Civ for Palm Pilot ?
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:01:40 -0300

On Tue, May 30, 2000 at 10:54:21AM +0200, Pierre-Yves LE MOULT wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there any civilization clone projet for Palm OS ?
>
> Any FreeCiv version for Palm Pilot ?

Once I started a design, I can dig it up and post it.

One thing I remember is that I decided it's too much processing
for the Palm, and as it doesn't thread it would be a pain; so I
thought it was better to write a "civproxy" and a "civfe" with
the civproxy doing all computations and disk access needed for
the civclient side and driving the UI in the civfe trough some
simple protocol.

With the current state of Freeciv (RAM, processor, disk, etc)
running both civclient and civserver in a Palm is right out,
specially if you include AI.

Then when I actually bought my own Palm I scrapped the whole
project, being that the API (specially the dynamic UI API)
completely stinks.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo           mailto:lalo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
         pgp key: http://zope.gf.com.br/lalo/pessoal/pgp

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar