Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Two suggestions/ideas for FreeCiv

To: <jd9812@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Two suggestions/ideas for FreeCiv
From: "Erik Sigra" <sigra@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 16:16:38 +0200

>    One example may be for an explorer to have four Standing Orders:
>    1) If (No Sea) to the (West), (Move West)
>    2) If (No Sea) to the (North), (Move North)
>    3) If (No Sea) to the (East), (Move East)
>    4) If (No Sea) to the (South), (Move South)
>    The result of this would be for the explorer to find the perimiter of
the land (minus any diagonal paths), and follow it repeatedly.

I think this would make the explorer move back and forth between 2 tiles
(order 1 and order 3).

Look at this little map (S = Sea, A, B = Land). It is part of an imaginary
island:

SSS
SAB
SS

At B it would Move West. At A it would Move East. This seems useless to me.