Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: MAX_NUM_CONNECTIONS

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: MAX_NUM_CONNECTIONS
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 23:27:39 +0200

On Sat, 13 May 2000, Nicolas BRUNEL wrote:
> MAX_NUM_CONNECTIONS value is 16. ( sernet.h )
> With one of Thue patch, we can have up to 30 players at the same time.
> Don't we need one connection per human player ?
>
> Bye,
>
> Nicolas

Any reason not to? Maybe it would fill up the network buffers too easily?
I have tested a game on my machine with 30 clients attached, and it
worked ok, no network problems.
Also, maybe we should set
 DEFAULT_MAX_NUM_PLAYERS to MAX_NUM_PLAYERS.

And further, remove the autostart code at civserver.c:1447, but that is
unrelated.

-Thue