Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: May 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] unit movement cleanup (yes, again)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] unit movement cleanup (yes, again)
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 22:13:20 +0200

Does:
Moves the calls common to functions handle_unit_move_request,
do_airline, do_unit_paradrop and teleport_unit_to_city down into a new
function move_unit().
The new function doesn't do any checks, just links and unlinks (and
handles various consequences of the move). If told so it also takes care
of units transported by the unit.

Moving transporter cargo units now is much more intelligent:
-If two transporters accidentally share a square they will remember which
units belong to who.
-A transporter on a goto will not pick up units it accidentally moves
across, even if they are sentried in cities. (if given the goto order from
within the city it will pick sentried units up) (I made sure that
aicontrolled rtansporter always pick up units to be sure I didn't break
anything)
-Made groundunit groundunits transporters work better, but there
is a redraw bug in the client because it assumes all transporters are sea
units. (I didn't introduce it and I didn't fix it in this patch)

I added a field transported_by in the unit struct for the transporter
purpose (yes, old savegames work).

-Thue