Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 and an X Server

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 and an X Server
From: "Michael H. Price II" <price@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2000 00:28:38 -0500

On Sat, Apr 29, 2000 at 11:03:18PM -0400, Todd Goodman wrote:
> > > I've finally uploaded a 1.10.0 version of the self installing
> > > package for Freeciv 1.10.0 for Windows NT/95/98 (and I suppose
> > > 2000, but I don't have a machine here running that).
> >
> > Great news!  Will you be updating the page that is referred to
> > from http://www.freeciv.org/faq/faq.html ?

I haven't mentioned it before, but I usually keep a recent CVS build
for windows at http://www2.msstate.edu/~mhp1/

Current copy is http://www2.msstate.edu/~mhp1/freeciv-win-20000429.zip

It doesn't auto-install - just unzip it into a directory and run the
batch files (civ.bat and serv.bat)

I usually post an updated copy every 4 days or so. It is compiled
using cygwin so you will need an X server. We usually use X-Win32 from
starnet.

I do this because while I run a Unix machine, everyone I play freeciv
with runs Windows and we didn't want to wait for the fog of war code
to show up in a release.

Michael