Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: isometric tileset screenshots

To: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: isometric tileset screenshots
From: Jules Bean <jmlb2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:50:14 +0100

On Mon, Apr 17, 2000 at 03:47:03PM +0200, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Thue Janus Kristensen wrote:
> > Tim Smith just sent me some screenshots of his isometric tileset; very
> > impressive!
> >
> > they are at
> > http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/THUE1.GIF
> > http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/THUE2.GIF
> > http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/THUE3.GIF
> > http://hjem.get2net.dk/thue_janus_kristensen/THUE4.GIF
> >
> > They are ours for the taking, GPL and all. Of course, someone will need
> > to make that isometric graphics engine (that allows units/cities
> > overlapping neightboring squares). I don't think I am the best for that,
> > as I have little experience in that direction, and there is a few other
> > freeciv thing that need doing first.
> > But if nobody else volunteers I will have to take a shot eventually :)
> >
> > -Thue
>
> Oh - and please CC all praise to Tim Smith <yoohootim@xxxxxxxxxxx> ; I
> haven't done anything but forwarding the shots... :)

Hmm.

I'm not convinced, myself.  I prefer the current 'trident' set --
those are a bit too harsh and realistic for my liking.  They must have
a been an awful lot of work though, so kudos is deserved!

Do they perhaps look better in truecolor? GIF is a pretty horrid
format; could you jpeg them maybe?

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable