Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: April 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] make sure that the happiness of a city shown i

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [patch] make sure that the happiness of a city shown in the client is current
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 18:52:34 +1000 (EST)

Thue Janus Kristensen <thue@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> To see what I am talking about: take a city under republic, without
> police station. Build 2 attack units. move them out of the city in one
> turn. Now they should cause disorder in the city, but you don't see any
> change. You first see it when the city is updated between turns.

Right.  I've developed the habit of opening the city and
converting a worker to elvis and back, to refresh the city
and see if it is still happy.  (Or refresh all cities before
end-of-turn to see if any have become unhappy.)  But having
the display kept up-to-date would be ever nicer ;-)

I assume the extra server CPU time will not matter much
_during_ a turn (since players won't be able to move units
fast enough to cause problems), but will this leed to longer
time when the AI is moving units etc?  (That is, there are
quite a few calculations to recalc the full unhappiness, I
think.)  That wouldn't be so nice :-(

-- David