Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Trouble with the Mandrake RPM (PR#321)

To: Chaz Brown <Paradox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Trouble with the Mandrake RPM (PR#321)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2000 12:58:12 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Mar 2000, Chaz Brown <Paradox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> submitted
a Freeciv bug report:

> Version: 1.10.0
> OS: Mandrake 7.0 (CD 2 the fixed one :-) )

> I installed 1.9.0 (came as an RPM with the OS) I tried to connect to a
> server, saw that they were all running 1.10.0, and came here to get the
> new version. I d/led it and put it in the same directory I used to install
> other downloaded RPMs, and fired up RPMDrake. After refreshing RPM data and
> uninstalling 1.9.0 I got 2 entries freeciv (1.9.0) and freeciv-2 (1.10.0)
> I clicked on freeciv-2 and hit install, nothing happened. I closed RPMDrake
> and opened again, the freeciv-2 entry was back and none of the files were
> installed....I can't figure it out. I rebooted and tried everything I could,
> but it just refuses to install.

Hello Chaz,

The Freeciv binaries packages at http://www.freeciv.org/download.phtml
are generally not created by the main Freeciv developers, but rather
are contributed by third parties.  Binary packaging-specific problems
are better reported to the creator of the package, if you can work out
who that is.

From an entry in http://www.freeciv.org/news/y2000/news_2000.phtml
it appears that the creator of the Mandrake package is
Jan Dittberner <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (CC'd).

Regards,
-- David