Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Chunnel

To: FreeCiv Developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Chunnel
From: Cameron Morland <cjmorlan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 23:18:53 -0500 (EST)

For some time I've wanted to be able to build bridges over or under the
ocean. I thought that the terrain.ruleset would allow this, but it didn't.
This diff allows a settler or engineer in a boat to road or transform the
water _if the ruleset allows it_. To make roads/transformation of water
impossible, the time to complete can be set to zero.

This patch is for freeciv-cvs-Mar-23.tar.bz2

Note that land units _cannot_ currently walk on roads on the water, so
land bridges can only be made by transforming the water. I recommend not
allowing roads on water, but only transformation (and it should take a
very long time).

_-~
   Wise words of the day:

Convictions cause convicts.