Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Patch to add auto shopper

To: freeciv development list <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Patch to add auto shopper
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 19:00:57 +0100

Hello freecivers

The attached patch add something which I call since there wasn't a better name
auto
shopper. It is the implementation of the idea which I posted yesterday. It adds:
 - a popup dialog where you can select the options
 - some code to the server to buy the things which match or print some
   messages to the user

This patch is against freeciv-1.10.0 and isn't tested very well. Maybe you
can give some feedback about the idea, the user niterface and the
implementation.

Open points:
 - options aren't written to the savegame
 - to way to transfer the options from the server to the client
 - "Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `(unknown)' to `GtkToggleButton'" for
   unknwon reason
 - server/plrhand:really_handle_city_buy could return failed or successful
 - cleanup particular on the server side. It is difficult to find the
   correct time in the new turn functions to call own functions.

Have fun
        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "USENET is *not* the non-clickable part of WWW!"