Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Trireme Bug (PR#319)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Trireme Bug (PR#319)
From: cjmorland@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 09:11:54 -0800 (PST)

I'm playing with 1.10, the latest stable release, downloaded yesterday.

If a city is built on a grasslands square completely surrounded by water,
then a trireme left in the city will sink. The code only checks to see if
the ship is adjacent to land, which it isn't.

The most obvious solution is to check if the ship is not in a city, but it
is conceivable that one might allow ships onto the shore for some reason.
Triremes shouldn't be lost if on shore. So we really need to check to see
that it is an ocean square.

# diff unitfunc.c.original unitfunc.c
1341c1341
<              !is_coastline(punit->x, punit->y)) {
---
>              !is_coastline(punit->x, punit->y) &&
(map_get_terrain(punit->x,punit->y) == T_OCEAN)) {

Thanks for making such a great game!

   _______________________
_-~
   Wise words of the day:

For great and horrible punishments be appointed for thieves, whereas
much rather provision should have been made that there were some
means whereby they might get their living, so that no man should
be driven to this extreme necessity, first to steal, and then
to die.
    --Sir Thomas More

_  cjmorland@xxxxxxxxxxxx