Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Which widget

To: Freeciv-dev <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Which widget
From: Daniel Zinsli <s830+priv@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 16 Mar 2000 21:43:56 +0100

I'm starting to get some insight into the gtk widget set.

I'm planning on adding a 'change production' button to the messages
window, thus allowing easy change of production. (As seen in the cityreport)

In fact I've already coded this, but the code looks ugly, since most of the
code is a rip of the code in cityrep.c.

I'll see if I can rewrite the functions that generate the
production-items menu, but in the meantime, I have this problem:

A gtkmenu (as used in cityrep.c) works fine, however, there is the
problem that when you have too many items on the list, a partial list is
displayed.

We have the same problem in the 'set tech goal' box.

Is there a widget that is better suited for this, or is it possible to
wrap the menu in a gtk_scrolled_window?
--
Daniel Zinsli
University of Bergen, Norway