Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Autoconf 2.12 breaks current builds (PR#283)

To: jrb3@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Autoconf 2.12 breaks current builds (PR#283)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 00:43:22 +1100 (EST)

David Pfitzner wrote:

> Since aclocal.m4 is actually autogenerated (from configure.in
> and acinclude.m4 iirc), I suggest we use the former.

Actually, it depends on which version of automake you have
installed, since automake contains aclocal, and the system
files for aclocal (eg /usr/share/aclocal/init.m4 for me)
determine how the offending lines will be in the generated
aclocal.m4.

Freeciv nominally uses automake-1.4 and autoconf-2.13, which
are supposed to go together.  If you have say automake-1.3
and autoconf-2.12, you may be able to get things working
just by manually running 'aclocal' in your freeciv source
tree.  In that case an updated autoconf "require" may not
really be necessary...

-- David