Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] [patch] fog of war v2

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] [patch] fog of war v2
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 01:48:45 +0100

ok - most problems solved.
It now has a server option, fog_of_war, which I didn't quite succed in setting
to on as default. Minor detail. I set it to changable at runtime. Doesn't quite
work either, but thats another detail :). just remember to set it on before
starting the game

 Thanks to robert for the fog graphics and help putting it in.

As the barbarians take their mapview directly from the civserver they are not
affected. But you could argue they are cheating. It is ok as it is, I think.

I haven't looked into the ai, but it seems to do ok despite the fog of war in
testgames.

There might be a bug when upgrading units and the new unit has a larger
sight-range - I will check that out.

There is a bug with leonardos workshop's upgrades. Info is sendt to

As it is now I print alot of debug directly out to the screen - that will be
put in log_debug later.

Maybe I should wait till the patch was completely finished, but I can't help it
:)

 -Thue