Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: March 2000:
[Freeciv-Dev] Use of tile_is_known(x,y) and ptile->known in client.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Use of tile_is_known(x,y) and ptile->known in client.
From: Thue Janus Kristensen <thue105@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:31:47 +0100

every time the client needs to know if a tile is known it uses
int known = tile_is_known(x,y) or int known =ptile->known . These return an
enum known_type TILE_UNKNOWN, TILE_KNOWN_NODRAW, TILE_KNOWN

but then when the value is used they use

 if (known) ...

it seems to be the coders haven't been aware that TILE_KNOW_NODRAW will
translate to 1 and therefore true. Have I misunderstood something here? the
client seems to work fine, afterall.

-Thue

ps: I will send the fog-of-war patch later today. It is essentially allready
working on my machine. :)