[Freeciv-Dev] Tax-rate evilness in 1.10.0

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Tax-rate evilness in 1.10.0
From: Daniel Burrows <Daniel_Burrows@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 18:13:04 -0500

  In 0.10.0 (maybe in previous versions as well, but I don't think so) the
science rate is set to the highest possible level when you change governments.
Normally this is good.  However, if you aren't paying attention and change to
Democracy, you can find yourself in serious financial trouble very quickly, as
the code automagically sets the tax rates to 100% science!  Admittedly, not
paying attention is always dangerous ;-), but I think the tax rate-setting
should be throttled at 80% or 90%.

  Daniel

--
   It is hard to think of anything less sentient than a pumpkin.

             -- Terry Pratchett, _Witches Abroad_