[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated cities - patch against today CVS

To: Massimo Campostrini <campo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated cities - patch against today CVS
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 21:27:13 +0100

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 09:29:29AM +0100, Massimo Campostrini wrote:
> Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > But I'm still sugesting removing at least :
> >
> > from Romans :
> > Carthago, Leptis Magna, Thapsus, Sabrata, Utica, Edessa, Ephesus
> > - these are NOT Roman
>
> Then you should remove all cities except Roma itself; they are no more
> "Roman" than Leptis Magna or Utica (and a point could be made that
> Roma is really Etruscan).

No, no, no.
When I said `not Roman' I meant : they are part of different
civilization, that already exists in freeciv.

In civ1 Jerusalem was Roman city. It was reasonable, because there
weren't any Jews/Israelis. But we have ones, so Jerusalem can't be
Roman city any more.

In civ1 Carthago was Roman city. It was reasonable, because there
weren't any Carthaginians. But we have ones, so Carthago can't be
Roman city any more.