[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated cities - patch against today CVS

To: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Duplicated cities - patch against today CVS
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 21:42:31 +0100

On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 01:24:40PM -0500, Mike Jing wrote:
> >From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 23:17:58 +1100 (EST)
> >Ok, but I'm still wondering what the real problem is with
> >having duplicate city names in nations.ruleset?
> [snip]
>
> Me too.  I am yet to be in a game where this has caused any problem for
> anyone.
>
> Please give it a rest.

So, if people on list don't think that data should be correct
out of the box, herewith is the patch which removes
cities duplicated in the same nation's list,
gives some comments about duplicates and suggestor
and solves small typo in canadian cityset.
I also attach script I used to find duplicates if
anyone would like to find if new natnio's cityset doesn't
duplicate some other's cities.

But I'm still sugesting removing at least :

from Romans :
Carthago, Leptis Magna, Thapsus, Sabrata, Utica, Edessa, Ephesus
- these are NOT Roman

from Americans :
Dover, Flint, Santa Fe
- much smaller than originals