[Freeciv-Dev] Re: ZOC rule change from 1.9 to 1.10 (PR#271)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: ZOC rule change from 1.9 to 1.10 (PR#271)
From: mike_jing@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 14:06:18 -0800 (PST)

From: Steve.Kay@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 13:05:33 -0800 (PST)

An opposing AI settler moved from a square that was adjacent to one
of my cities to another square adjacent to the same city. There was
no unit in the city at the time. This is a change from 1.9.0. I don't
know if it is a bug or a rule change.

I don't think this is new to 1.10.0.

From the help file:

"The general rule is that a land unit which is adjacent to an enemy
occupied square cannot move directly to another square which is also
adjacent to an enemy occupied square.  Here an enemy occupied square
means a land square with an enemy unit on it.  Adjacency means any
of the eight squares surrounding a unit."

and

"- An enemy city counts as an enemy occupied square if they are any
units inside the city, but not if the city is empty."

Since there was NO unit in your city, that movement was allowed.

Mike