[Freeciv-Dev] -lintl missing on civserver link (PR#268)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] -lintl missing on civserver link (PR#268)
From: Piotr.Sulecki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 05:36:37 -0800 (PST)

Full_Name: Piotr Sulecki
Version: 1.10.0
Client: Both (or N/A)
OS: HP/UX 10.20
Submission from: (NULL) (149.156.50.2)

The subject line says it all. Linking civserver fails with the following
error message:

gcc  -g -O2 -Wall  -o civserver  autoattack.o barbarian.o cityhand.o
   citytools.o cityturn.o civserver.o console.o diplhand.o gamehand.o
   gamelog.o gotohand.o handchat.o mapgen.o maphand.o meta.o plrhand.o
   ruleset.o sernet.o settlers.o spacerace.o stdinhand.o unitfunc.o
   unithand.o unittools.o ../common/libcivcommon.a ../ai/libcivai.a
   ../common/libcivcommon.a ../ai/libcivai.a
/usr/ccs/bin/ld: Unsatisfied symbols:
   gettext (code)
   textdomain (code)
   bindtextdomain (code)
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

When I add -lintl to the above line and link civserver by hand, the rest
of compilation/linking works OK, and the client link step includes -lintl.

I'm using a copy of gettext I installed earlier; haven't tried it
--with-included-gettext.