[Freeciv-Dev] Re: bugs (PR#263)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: bugs (PR#263)
From: Steven Burnap <sburnap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 08:12:00 -0800

At 02:36 AM 2/19/00 -0800, you wrote:
Bugs found while playing freeciv...
I concuered a city where an AI was building riffleman unit
(I hadn't developed conscription then). After concuering city I was still
building and able to build rifflemen. (I have savegame for that situation
if it helps).

Civ2 does the same thing.  The city will continue building whatever
advance it was before you conquered it, even if you don't have the technology. You can actually continue building units you don't have the tech for as long as
you are careful never to hit the change button in Civ2.

Doesn't mean it is not a bug.  I always thought this was weird in Civ2.

Steven Burnap