[Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#261)

To: tuma@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx, bugs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: Bug report (PR#261)
From: David Pfitzner <dwp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 22:54:09 +1100 (EST)

Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Mika Korhonen wrote:
> > On Fri, 18 Feb 2000, Tuomas Airaksinen wrote:
> >
> > >2)
> > >Some of AI players disappear at beginning of game strangely
> > >(The <nation> are no more).
> >
> > I assume that's because they have been totally destroyed by another AI
> > nation.
>
> Then they were too close to each other, it happened on about first 3 turns.

A likely possibility is that they were overwhelmed by barbarians.

Setting the 'onsetbarbs' server options appropriately would be one
"fix", but it does seem to me there could be some fine-tuning in the
numbers and types of barbarians which appear.  Eg, few barbarians
units in each uprising early on, and not getting tech "immediately"
(eg, I've just researched Gunpowder, and suddenly barbarians have
Musketeers before I've built any...).  (But not a release critical
issue :-)

-- David