[Freeciv-Dev] Guerilla warfare

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Guerilla warfare
From: Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 18:43:19 +0100

I have a little idea about guerilla warfare
Now it is not very possible to make one.
Mechinfs, armors and howitzers dominate every
modern land battlefield in game. My proposition is
to add two flags:
- Native :
  If native unit attacks non-native, terrain-bonus is given
  to attacker, not defender. (not when there's city or fortress
  on attacked tile)
- IgTired
  No negative bonus for attacking w/o full movement point.

Example of such war :

Armor stands on hills. No unit is next to it.
Guerilla is 3 tiles from it.

Guerilla moves 2 fields and attacks armor.

guerilla 4*2(hills) = 8
armor    5          = 5

instead of :

guerilla 4/3(tired) = 1
armor    5*2(hills) = 10

They could be given to Alpines and Guerillas, and maybe to
some new medieval unit (ex: Helvetian peasant infantry mv=1 at=2 def=2
IgTer IgTired Native IgZOC), which could be used in barbarian rebels also