[Freeciv-Dev] crash in latest cvs-gtk-client

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] crash in latest cvs-gtk-client
From: Jorgen Skjaanes <jorgen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 04:24:57 +0100 (CET)

I have a repetable client crash from the latest cvs (Feb-06).

I played 13 ai's (aifill 14), 2 of them died, but as I took
the capital of the koreans they split in 2 and so there were
15 players listed on the score sheet (btw a minor bug here,
the 15'th nation was listed as: "The (null) spannish scored
16 points").

And now when I first list all players (F3) and then list any
of the reports (city, military, trade or science) the client
crashes. If I don't list the players first, everything is fine.
The save-files from before the 15'th player entered doesn't
give any crash. All save-files after the split gives the above
crash.

I've tried to debug it and the crash occures in a call to
vsnprintf(str, n, formacity, military, trade or sciencet, ap))
inside my_vsnprintf() called from within my_snprintf() which
is called from char *get_report_title() for the different reports.
I got confused at that point.

Anyway, I have a save-file for anyone who wants to figure it out
further.

--
Jorgen